To gage if this will be an issue for your business, answer this question, "Will you be sending or receiving several totes of mail each day?" If your answer is no, then you can purchase an inexpensive table to sort and prepare the mail. This table could be placed near a break room, work room or secretary.
Basic Mailroom Furniture and EquipmentIf your business is sending or receiving several totes of mail per day, then you will want to consider a separate mailroom. Basic mailroom furniture and equipment consists of the following:
- Work surface or table to prepare and sort the mail
- Work surface or table for mailing equipment (postage machines, scales, etc.)
- Desk and chair for mailroom clerk (possibly to hold a computer)
- Floor mats to prevent fatigue and slips
- Shelves to hold mail and mailing supplies
- Mailing equipment (for example: scale, postage machine, folding machine, etc.)